Should we embed basic presentation resources?

Coordinator
Sep 17, 2008 at 10:41 PM
Rather than use the default, red text error message that comes with BaseValidator, should we embed a couple icons and make our default message style a bit more attractive?

If you were using this control, would you prefer it to attempt to be presentable out of the box or would you almost always override its default styling yourself anyway?
Sep 17, 2008 at 11:31 PM
I would most probably customize the style to fit in with the rest of the site. I don't think that there's any style that we can provide that would be acceptable to everyone, anything that we choose might just be ignored. I say leave it as is to fit in with other regular .NET validators.
Developer
Sep 18, 2008 at 8:08 PM
I agree with vbtwo31984. While presentable out of the box is always nice, matching the other validators in this case is better. Makes the UX predictable.
Sep 19, 2008 at 12:59 AM
However it would be good to provide some templated style. Maybe with icons. And give developers option to change the icon. It is just giving more options for styling. Maybe not critical on this release (I mean first one) but would be a good idea in the upcoming ones.